Friday, January 11, 2013

Overnight Oatmeal Recipe

I had an early drs appt this morning and with hubby just getting home from work and he wouldnt wanna stand in the kitchen all morning long making the kids breakfast. I wanted to come up with something that would be ready when the kids woke and hubby wouldnt have to slave over the stove. It dawned on me...since I have been using my crockpot for dinners so much, whynot use it for breakfast. The first thing to enter my mind was oatmeal. My kids love it! Its warm, its yummy...you can experiment and flavor it tons of ways. So I threw together some stuff and sure enough I had oatmeal this morning! Hubby said next time I need to double the batch because there wasnt enough for seconds but it turned out great!! He even took a picture of Hudsons bowl for me, LOL! He thought I might want to scrap about it! So nice of my hubby to think of me while Im gone :)


Here is the recipe I threw together:

1 cup regular oats oatmeal
3 cups water
1 cup coconut milk
1 TBSp butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
cinnamon and some vanilla

Stir it up and cook on low for 8 hours





No comments:

Post a Comment