Sunday, January 13, 2013

Its a new year and new goals

Its a new year and that means new goals for me and a fresh start with the things I put off last year (hehe!). One of my goals for the new year is to eat a whole lot healthier! Last year I was overtaken by fast food! I gained over 70 lbs during my pregnancy and felt discusting! I drank Dr pepper all day long and ate fast food just about 4x a week! I feel so gross now that I think about all that! So Ive made some smaller goals to help me change my diet. Not only is this good for me but good for the whole family as well.
Drink more water..Ive never really cared for water. I might drink it if its the ONLY thing to drink on a hot summer day! Im going to force myself to drink at least 5 big glasses of water a day. The other thing I thought about was trying fruit infused water. It looks delicious! I found some great recipes here.

My basic plan is to drink 2 green smoothies a day and then a nice meal at dinner time. I want to eat more fruits and veggies and get them into every meal for the kids and hubby. I want to cut out most carbs for myself, things like pasta and potatoes (which are my favorite)...maby substitute them with veggies or quinoa.

Definately cutting out the fast food. YUCK! Makes me ill thinking about how much fast food I ate last year. or how much I spent on fast food.

There are so many yummy recipes out there for green smoothies! I can hardly wait to start trying them all and experimenting on my own. I took a picture of my first smoothie! Boy was it delicious!!!

1 cup fresh blackberries
4-5 basil leaves
1 banana
1 cup coconut milk


No comments:

Post a Comment